Epcot’s annual “International Food & Wine Festival” has returned! This year, the festival will celebrate their 20th year & will feature international marketplaces, nightly concerts & cooking demonstrations. The festival will take place from September 25th – November 16th.
New international marketplaces for the year include Dominican Republic, The Chew Lab & Sustainable Chew. Another new area this year will is called the Artistry of Wine & Cheese, featuring the Wine & Cheese Studio. Among the 34 marketplaces (also known as food kiosks), my returning favorites are Germany, Canada & Italy. Each station features a small portion of food samples & either wine, beer or another specialty drink (most of them have wine though). Prices for food & drinks are anywhere from $3 – $7 (depending of what type of food & wine is being offered). Look at the menu when ordering, because it will tell you what drinks are paired with which food item. I found this very helpful in Germany, because they had 3 different types of Riesling wine. Pick up a festival passport book (located at many stations before entering world showcase) & it will tell you all the marketplaces’ food & drinks being offered.
Different culinary demonstrations take place inside the Festival Center (located between Universe of Energy & Mission: Space). Some are free, while most are a separate fee (but they include wine & food samplings). Check the daily schedule to see which chefs will be hosting, some will even do book signings that are separate from the food demonstrations. Cat Cora, Robert Irvine, Jamie Deen, Rock Harper, Buddy Valastro and other top chefs will all be returning this year. Also returning this year, which is on the way to the entrance of World Showcase, is the Ocean Spray Cranberry Bog. A part of me just wants to dive in there one day.
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is one of most popular & can’t miss events of the year at Walt Disney World, so make sure you have a multi day ticket purchased ahead at www.parkguesttickets.com
Now, onto my favorite part of the festival, the “Eat to the Beat” concert series. 22 artists will be featured this year & will play anywhere from 2 – 4 nights each. New this year include Tiffany, Everclear, Maxi Priest & Chaka Khan. My favorite artists retuning include Wilson Phillips, Smash Mouth, Rick Springfield & Sugar Ray. These 30 minute concerts are performed nightly at the America Gardens Theater at 5:30pm, 6:45pm & 8pm. If it someone very popular like Boyz II Men or Rick Springfield, I would recommended lining up early to get a seat, especially if it’s the last show of the night. I usually get in line at least 45 minutes early.
“Eat to the Beat” 2015 concert series
- David Cook (9/25 – 9/27) “Come Back to Me”
- Wilson Phillips (9/28 & 9/29) “Hold On”
- Christopher Cross (9/20 & 10/1) “Sailing”
- Starship (10/2 – 10/4) “We Built This City
- Smash Mouth (10/5 – 10/7) “I Can’t Get Enough of You Baby"
- The Pointer Sisters (10/8 & 10/9) “I’m So Excited”
- 38 Special (10/10 & 10/11) “Caught Up in You”
- Rick Springfield (10/12 & 10/13) “Jessie’s Girl”
- Sugar Ray (10/14 – 10/16) “Someday”
- The S.O.S. Band (10/17 & 10/18) “Take your Time (Do it Right)”
- Air Supply (10/19 – 10/21) “All out of Love”
- Fuel (10/22 & 10/23) “Shimmer”
- Tiffany (10/24 & 10/25) “I Think We’re Alone Now”
- Dennis DeYoung – original member of STYX (10/26 – 10/28) “Come Sail Away”
- Jo Dee Messina (10/29 & 10/30) “Lesson in Leavin”
- Everclear (10/31 & 11/1) “Wake Me Up”
- Boyz II Men (11/2 – 11/4) “I’ll Make Love to You”
- Sister Hazel (11/5 & 11/6) “All for You”
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (11/7 – 11/9) “Go Daddy-O”
- Hanson (11/10 – 11/12) “MMMBop”
- Maxi Priest (11/13 & 11/14) “Close to You”
- Chaka Khan (11/15 & 11/16) “I’m Every Woman”